Re: ldapsearch -z flag

Eric Rosenquist (rosenqui@strataware.com)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 18:48:59 -0400

On 13 Aug 96 at 11:54, Chris Irwin wrote:

> I tried the -z flag (size limit) to override the 500 record limit
> compiled into the code, but it didn't seem to work. I got a size limit
> exceeded messagfe back from the server. Is this implemented ?

You probably hit a server-side limit. Most DSAs impose an upper bound on
the number of entries returned by a single search operation. Full-strength
DAP has two different errors (the other one being "admin" limit exceeded).
Unfortunately for you, the LDAP server rolls both into one LDAP error, so
other than knowing the sizelimit value you supplied in the LDAP request
you can't tell which one you've hit.

Eric
Eric Rosenquist, Strata Software Limited http://www.strataware.com/
Email: rosenqui@strataware.com Tel: 613-591-1922 Fax: 613-591-3485
Quote: If you're going to get mad at every time I do something stupid,
then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things!
-- Homer Simpson