Re: How unique must Distinguished Names be?

Russ Wright (Wright@lbl.gov)
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:13:44 -0700

We just add a number to the end of the DN when multiple names exist (I
believe UMich still does that as well). It is a bit ugly, but not as bad
as having extra attribute in the name (IMHO). Of course the user interface
doesn't have to display the DN (my later ones do not display the DN, they
just display the human readable stuff, which includes enough information to
distinguish between two people w/ the same name.

Hope that helps,

Russ