Re: Oracle backend for LDAP?

Darryl.C.Price@osu.edu
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 15:08:22 -0400

We haven't done much work on this YET, but we will soon begin working
on creating triggers for our next generation human resources and student
information databases (both Oracle) that wrap certain classes of
transactions in SMTP mail messages parsed by a special channel program
on our mail switch which then updates our X.500 directory via LDAP.
This form of "transaction-based" synchronization might be our best bet
until Oracle gets off of its duff and joins the Global directory services
(X.500/LDAP) bandwagon.

--Darryl