Re: slapd on OSF/1 3.2d

Mark Smith (mcs@netscape.com)
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 10:21:27 -0700

Kent A. Ziebell wrote:

> The saga continues... :)
>
> I think I have ldif2ldbm working now - at least it doesn't get a seg
> fault and appears to create the database and indexes. I've switched
> from ndbm to Berkeley's db package, and specified THREADSLIB=-threads.
> Now I've been hitting my head on step 9 of the SLAPD Administrator's
> Guide. No matter what I try to search for using ldapsearch, I get:
>
> ziebell@camaro> ./ldapsearch -h camaro.cc.iastate.edu 'objectclass=*'
> ldap_search: No such object

Does your database contain an entry for "o=ISU,c=US"? This logging:

> => dn2id( "o=ISU,c=US" )
> => ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/tmp/dn2id.dbb", 514, 600 )
> <= ldbm_cache_open (cache 0)
> <= dn2id NOID

tells me that the base object used in the search was not found by
slapd. Use ldbmcat and see if that entry is in your database; if not,
add it. If an entry for "o=ISU, c=US" is in there, I suspect there
is a bug somewhere. The OSF/1 port of slapd is not well tested....

-Mark