Re: adding a lot of records

Gordon Good (ggood@netscape.com)
Wed, 03 Jul 1996 13:00:59 -0700

Patrick T. Rutledge III wrote:

> We have been adding about 120+ records to our slapd database at one time
> with ldapadd and are having a bit of a problem.

I suspect that your problem is caused by using ndbm as your database.
Due to its limitations, it isn't suitable for anything other than a
"toy" database. I suggest you get the berkeley db code and use it
instead. See the top-level Make-common file for the appropriate
#defines to change to use db.

--
Gordon Good                          (opinions expressed here are mine,
Netscape Communications Corp.         not necessarily my employer's)