RE: How do I solve "Decoding Error"?

peter (pww@bnr.ca)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 08:19:19 -0400

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996 Alexis_Bor%msn.com@bcars735 wrote:
> Following up on this question, I can't remember from way back when we went
> from ldap 3.0 to 3.1, was there a problem with running an ldap 3.0 client
> against a 3.1 or 3.2 ldap server?
>
> I am working with someone that has a 3.0 LDAP server and is in the process of
> upgrading to LDAP 3.2. Do the applications have to be upgraded at the same
> time?

You have it backwards, Alexis: a 3.[12] server can interwork with 3.[012]
clients; 3.1 clients require at least a 3.1 server (I'm not sure if 3.2
clients will work with a 3.1 server, I suspect they will).

So, if you are upgrading your server from 3.[01] to 3.[12], you do not
need to upgrade your clients.

pww