Re: Multiple Quipu/LDAP on one machine?

Eric Rosenquist (rosenqui@strataware.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 20:57:40 -0400

On 16 Oct 95 at 14:05, Ben Groeneveld wrote:

> we're using quipu and would like to develop a parallel environment on a
> single machine so that production and development do not hinder each other.
> being new to quipu and ldapd, is it feasible to run two complete
> environments on our hp unix box, including dit's? thanks,

Yes it's feasible; it's relatively easy in fact. Run one Quipu/LDAP the
normal way, and run the other Quipu with the "-t" command-line option to
point it at a different quiputailor file. In the 2nd quiputailor file you
point it at a different disk directory for its files and possibly give it
a different DN. The 2nd LDAP will have to listen on a different port (use
the "-p" option) and will have to call the 2nd DSA (use the "-c" option)
rather than relying on the default behavior of contacting the first DSA
listed in the .../isode/etc/dsaptailor file.

LDAP clients wanting to use the 2nd server will simply have to know what
port to contact since you won't be using the default port of 389.

Eric
Eric Rosenquist, Strata Software Limited http://www.strataware.com/
Email: rosenqui@strataware.com Tel: 613-591-1922 Fax: 613-591-3485
Quote: Never say anything unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the
same way you do.
-- Homer Simpson