Re: ldap access from scripting languages

Roland Hedberg (Roland.Hedberg@umdac.umu.se)
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 22:26:01 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, Phil Brandenberger wrote:

> I have a requirement that LDAP calls be available from Tcl/Tk and Perl
> on UNIX and Visual Basic from Windows. I've already done the Tcl/Tk work,
> but I wonder if anyone else has implemented a Perl extension for LDAP or
> a VBX for Visual Basic (or a DLL I suppose) for LDAP access.

There was a package called duaperl made by eric_douglas@csufresno.edu
that was released more than a year ago, he said he would be back
with a new version soon but I haven't heard anything from him since then.
I have made some additions and changes to his code which I use in
my PH -> X.500 gateway as well as in a couple of handy scripts I use
daily.

At the same time I changed the name to rduaperl to distinguish it from
it's original.

If I get the time I will place it on our ftp archive tomorrow.

-- Roland

UFN: Roland Hedberg, Umdac, Umea Universitet, Sweden