Re: T.61<->iso8859-1 (or whatever) conversions

Roland Hedberg (Roland.Hedberg@umdac.umu.se)
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 08:58:47 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 28 Feb 1995, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

> Hi, I'm wondering where to put T.61 handling in an LDAP client. Has
> anyone done this? Experiences? I asked this ldap@umich at first, but
> Tim Howes is on vacation:

I have an old letter from Enrique Silvestre Mora <mora@pereiii.uji.es>
dated 27 Jul 1994 where he presents the Spanish (?) solution to the
problem. In the letter he also points to some software which they have build.
These are available at

ftp://ftp.uji.es:/pub/unix/ldap/iso-t61.translation.tar.Z

As I understand it they want to put the translation into the ldapserver,
which might be a good thing, but I think it would break havoc at this
time when a number of clients have already buildin translations.
And I don't, as client implementer, look forward to the situation when some
ldapservers translate and some don't.

-- Roland

UFN: Roland Hedberg, Umdac, Umea Universitet, Sweden