Re: INFO on LDAP for X500

Mark Smith (mcs@umich.edu)
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:09:10 -0500

>From: David Tremblay <71075.2134@compuserve.com>
> To: Anyone <ldap@umich.edu>
>
> I'm looking for someone who can provide me with some information on
> LDAP for accessing x500 directory information. Please respond
> by sending a message to Dave Tremblay (Internet address =
> 71075.2134@Compuserve.Com) or phone me at (617) 973-3275.

What kind of information are you seeking? The ldap@umich.edu mailing
list you sent your request to includes over 175 people/sites from
around the Internet who are working with LDAP. The UofM LDAP
distribution is very widely used by developers to write LDAP clients,
and it is available via anonymous ftp from terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
in the file /ldap/ldap-3.1.tar.Z (questions about that should be sent
to ldap-support@umich.edu). The LDAP protocol and encodings of
attribute values are defined by RFC-1487 and RFC-1488.

-Mark Smith
University of Michigan X.500 Directory Project