Re: compiling on solaris

Eric Douglas (eric_douglas@csufresno.edu)
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 15:58:03 -0700

In message <199410242107.AA40829@gmlink.gmeds.com>, Jason Cross writes:
>I'm getting an error when compiling ldap on solaris:
>
> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
>getdtablesize result.o
>
>Do you know what library I need to include when compiling? The
>man pages are not any help. Or is there another call I should
>use? thanks.

This is a BSD-ism... read the man page on "getrlimit" (get resource
limit). You are interested in the RLIMIT_NOFILE resource specification
from getrlimit().

I thought I made a patch for this, but on further inspection, I cannot
find it. The modification is only about 4 lines of code (a variable
declaration of the appropriate structure, the changed call from
getdtablesize() to getrlimit(), and a new assignment).

If you can't make it work, let me know and I'll spend a little time on
putting a patch together for you.

--douglas

* Eric W. Douglas Internet: eric_douglas@csufresno.edu
* CCMS/CSci, California Voice: +1 209 278 3923
* State University Fresno Logic joke: if p->q and not q then not p, NOT!